Re: ATCA board on table

Hello Stephane,

weird, I am using the same configuration with the board on the table right now. Before I send the raw command to go to standalone mode I get a stream of messages like the following:

: IPMB-A error: IPMC 20: not ready
: event message delivery failed

Once I send the reset command, these messages disappear and the IPMC works normally.

It would be helpful to get the full list of boot messages when the IPMC fails. BTW, how did you wire up the H/W address pins on the Zone 1 connector when you power the board on the shelf?

cheers,

Stefan

Hello Stefan

It would be helpful to get the full list of boot messages when the IPMC fails.

[SC] Here is the UART IPMC log when the LASP is booted on table.

BTW, how did you wire up the H/W address pins on the Zone 1 connector when you power the board on the shelf?

[SC] HA pins of the Z1 connector are connected to 3V3, HA<7…0> = FF

Cheers,

Stephane

(Attachment LASPT2onTable_230525.txt is missing)

Hello Stephane,

you need to provide a valid hardware address to the IPMC, this may be why the IPMC is not working as expected. The bit HA7 is the parity bit (odd parity), so an address od 0xFF is not valid. Try tying at least one of the other HA bits to ground. You can see an error message relating to this in the boot log you sent:

: Invalid hardware address: 0xFF

I also see some message relating to an RTM, is this code that you added? If so, I would try disabling that code to see if it interferes with the operation outside the shelf.

cheers,

Stefan

Hello Stefan,

I tested several HA :

0x41 : this address is affected to the board when it is in an ATCA. But on table if I configure 0x41 I get the same error message. : Invalid hardware address: 0x41 So I guess there is an “hidden” information I should send to the board during the boot to make the address valid. Is there any documentation on the boot of the CERN-IPMC ? May I have access to the CERN-IPMC boot code ? Should I send a command in the I2C IPMB-x during the boot or even set other signals in zone 1 connector ?

0x00 : just to try but it does not correspond to any slot

Unfortunately I still get the following message :

: IPMB-B error: IPMC 20: not ready

: IPMB-A error: IPMC 20: not ready

I put two logs :

IPMC_ATCA_log_xxx when LASP is in a ATCA crate

IPMC_ log_xxx when LASP is on table

Cheers,

Stephane

(Attachment IPMC_ATCA_log_230630-00.txt is missing)

(Attachment IPMC_log_230630_00.txt is missing)

Hello Stephane,

Did you you also set the parity bit (HA7) to odd parity (see my last e-mail)? This is normal, since there is no shelf manager to communicate with. These messages disappear once you switch the IPMC to stand-alone mode.

Hello,

Oops, you’re right !

With the appropriate parity bit, the address is valid and I can then put the IPMC into standalone mode with the command you sent me.

Thanks a lot !!

Cheers,

Stephane