API documentation?

Hi again,

Where can I find the complete API documentation please ?
I only have those for i2c from the CERN-IPMC: Sensor driver – design guide.

Cheers,
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

Thanks for your message. I am checking with my colleagues. But before I reply, I am wondering what you would need the full API documentation for?

Cheers,
Ralf.

Hello,

can you please be more specific? What exactly are you looking for?

cheers,

Stefan

Hello,

if you are looking for GPIO functions, there are examplrs of the functions eith explanation in user_mainfile.c:

cheers,

Stefan

Hi,

everything else is defined (network, sensors, power sequencing) is defined in the XML, please refer to the documentation here:

If your are looking to implement OEM commands, you can find examples here:

cheers,

Stefan

To ease my work I am looking for a central point where I can learn what and how to use the underlaying firmware for my project. This is not just for functions but also for specific types and constants.

Hello Sylvain,

Ralf and I had a look at the source code of PigeonPoint and we have found functions that can be used to access GIPOs.

The respective libraries are in the part of the code that is protected by copyright. In order to get access to this source code and the corresponding documentation, you have to sign an NDA. As far as I can tell, LAPP has never signed such an NDA. If you want, I can send the form to you.

Cheers,

Markus

Hello Sylvain,

the following file has several examples of how to set and read GPIOs with explanations in the comments:

However I agree that the information about the GPIOs should be in the main documentation, similar to the I2C access commands. We’ll look into that.

cheers,

Stefan

Hi all,

It’s not just about GPIO, but for available functions and data types to us users, and how to put each of them at work. Otherwise I am lost on how I am supposed to design my firmware.

As I may not be allowed by my employer to sign NDAs, please note that I am not interested in the private code itself, but at least to have the header files with usage examples, ala Doxygen.

Furthermore, a general overview of how the underlying private firmware works (in term of chronological execution of OEM code and callbacks, communication handling and priorities, and so on) would be of great value AFAIAC.

In order to be of any use, PingeonPoint must anyway provide such information to their customers when they sell their firmware, mustn’t they ?

Best regards,
Sylvain

Hello Sylvain,

There are currently several independent groups that are customizing the CERN-IPMC to their ATCA blades. We are providing support to them as necessary but most of them seem to be able to do their work on the basis of the existing documentation.

We are of course trying to improve and complement the documentation if possible. Please find attached a HOW-TO for the GPIO and OEM support that I have written on the basis of the examples in the code. Please let me know if this helps and how it could be improved.

Cheers,

Markus

(Attachment GPIO-OEM.docx is missing)

Good doc would also have spared me loosing 4 months on an i2c address padding of … Just sayin’ !